|Decatur, Texas, Hospital E.R. drug related admissions for last year:|
Decatur, Texas - Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
STAR Council on Substance AbusePrimary Treatment Type:
Substance Abuse Treatment ServicesType of Rehab:
OutpatientAdditional Services Offered:
Addiction Treatment Programs
Persons With Co-Occurring Mental And Substance Abuse Disorders
Accepted Payment Types:
State Financed Insurance (Other Than Medicaid)
Private Health Insurance
Sliding Fee Scale (Fee Is Based On Income And Other Factors)
Asl Or Other Assistance For Hearing Impaired
1106 East Business 380 Decatur, TX. 76234(940) 626-2099
- Drug and Alcohol Statistics in Decatur, Texas
As of 2009, an estimated 12,862 people live in Decatur, Texas. Alcohol and Drug addiction in Decatur, Texas is an increasing problem.
Alcohol Addiction in Decatur, Texas
Of the 12,862 individuals currently living in Decatur, Texas, 5,788 don't drink alcohol and 3,344 say that they consume alcohol less than once a week. In Decatur, Texas 9,132 individuals don't drink an unhealthy amount of alcohol. There are, however, 3,087 people in Decatur, Texas that consume an amount of alcohol that would classify them as heavy drinkers.
In order to recover from alcohol addiction it is essential that you get yourself or loved one into an alcohol recovery program. Every year, there are over 74K alcohol-related deaths that costs over $183 Billion annually.
According to research on alcohol advertising, there is not a strong connection between ads for alcohol and alcohol consumption and abuse in Decatur, Texas. That does not hold true for their effects on children. Research indicates that children that are exposed to alcohol-related advertisements in Decatur, Texas are more prone to start drinking at a younger age and to look upon drinking alcohol as a positive thing. This also translates to a higher number of children in Decatur, Texas who grow up to be alcohol drinkers.
Drug Dependence Stats in Decatur, Texas
There are about 1,196 individuals in Decatur, Texas that use illicit drugs of some type.
A detailed accounting of this percentage is as follows:
- 189 individuals drink alcohol and abuse some other drug in Decatur, Texas
- 181 individuals use marijuana in Decatur, Texas
- 152 individuals abuse or are dependent upon Heroin in Decatur, Texas
- 106 individuals snort or smoke cocaine (crack) in Decatur, Texas
- 92 individuals abuse stimulants in Decatur, Texas
- 38 individuals abuse or use Opiates (except heroin), in Decatur, Texas
- 36 individuals abuse cocaine (specifically powder, not crack) in Decatur, Texas
- 2 individuals abuse or use tranquilizers in Decatur, Texas
- 1 individuals in Decatur, Texas abuse or use PCP
- 1 individuals are addicted to sedatives in Decatur, Texas
- 1 individuals in Decatur, Texas abuse hallucinogens (e.g. ecstasy or LSD)
- 1 individuals abuse Inhalants in Decatur, Texas
- 5 individuals in Decatur, Texas use other kinds of illicit drugs
It is essential to find alcohol or drug recovery programs for the high volume of individuals in Decatur, Texas abusing or addicted to alcohol and drugs, as this number is growing each year. We at UsDrugTrends.com offer information on the various kinds of alcohol and drug programs in Decatur, Texas. If more information is needed, please take a moment and call to talk to a certified drug counselor for help finding a drug or alcohol recovery center. The call for help is toll-free and the service is free of charge.