|Waikoloa, Hawaii, Hospital E.R. drug related admissions for last year:|
Waikoloa, Hawaii - Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs
Big Island Substance Abuse CouncilPrimary Treatment Type:
Substance Abuse Treatment ServicesType of Rehab:
OutpatientAdditional Services Offered:
Addiction Treatment Programs
Criminal Justice Clients
Accepted Payment Types:
Payment Assistance (Check With Facility For Details)
68-1730 Ho`oko Street Waikoloa, HI. 96738808-969-9994
- Drug and Alcohol Statistics in Waikoloa, Hawaii
As of 2009, an estimated 5,269 people live in Waikoloa, Hawaii. Alcohol and Drug addiction in Waikoloa, Hawaii is an increasing problem.
Alcohol Addiction in Waikoloa, Hawaii
Of the 5,269 individuals currently living in Waikoloa, Hawaii, 2,371 don't drink alcohol and 1,370 say that they consume alcohol less than once a week. In Waikoloa, Hawaii 3,741 individuals don't drink an unhealthy amount of alcohol. There are, however, 1,265 people in Waikoloa, Hawaii that consume an amount of alcohol that would classify them as heavy drinkers.
In order to recover from alcohol addiction it is essential that you get yourself or loved one into an alcohol recovery program. Every year, there are over 74K alcohol-related deaths that costs over $183 Billion annually.
According to research on alcohol advertising, there is not a strong connection between ads for alcohol and alcohol consumption and abuse in Waikoloa, Hawaii. That does not hold true for their effects on children. Research indicates that children that are exposed to alcohol-related advertisements in Waikoloa, Hawaii are more prone to start drinking at a younger age and to look upon drinking alcohol as a positive thing. This also translates to a higher number of children in Waikoloa, Hawaii who grow up to be alcohol drinkers.
Drug Dependence Stats in Waikoloa, Hawaii
There are about 490 individuals in Waikoloa, Hawaii that use illicit drugs of some type.
A detailed accounting of this percentage is as follows:
- 77 individuals drink alcohol and abuse some other drug in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 74 individuals use marijuana in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 62 individuals abuse or are dependent upon Heroin in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 44 individuals snort or smoke cocaine (crack) in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 38 individuals abuse stimulants in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 16 individuals abuse or use Opiates (except heroin), in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 15 individuals abuse cocaine (specifically powder, not crack) in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 1 individuals abuse or use tranquilizers in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 1 individuals in Waikoloa, Hawaii abuse or use PCP
- 1 individuals are addicted to sedatives in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 0 individuals in Waikoloa, Hawaii abuse hallucinogens (e.g. ecstasy or LSD)
- 1 individuals abuse Inhalants in Waikoloa, Hawaii
- 2 individuals in Waikoloa, Hawaii use other kinds of illicit drugs
It is essential to find alcohol or drug recovery programs for the high volume of individuals in Waikoloa, Hawaii abusing or addicted to alcohol and drugs, as this number is growing each year. We at UsDrugTrends.com offer information on the various kinds of alcohol and drug programs in Waikoloa, Hawaii. If more information is needed, please take a moment and call to talk to a certified drug counselor for help finding a drug or alcohol recovery center. The call for help is toll-free and the service is free of charge.